comments and setting up cricket

Home (Generic) Forums Phone Defender for Android – Beta Test 2019 comments and setting up cricket

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    marek_marasch
    Participant

Hey guys-

I had problems getting my voicemail to set up. I’m on cricket, which is supposed to be set up the same way as att (**04*), but it gave me an error. Doing a little research I found that the 04 procedure will work on some phones but not others with cricket. I found that one of my phones just bombed, and another got closer, based on the errors that came up. (I can give you those errors if you want them.)
    I had to call cricket and have them do it. The key is to tell them to set up CCF and do it for both “don’t answer” and “busy.” For some reason, the phone being off still goes to the cricket voicemail, which is interesting.

There is the option that sets back to to default voicemail, but none to retry… A little work to allow user to retry/specify a different service… Also help saying if you get an error call customer service and ask for CCF… Might be good. But then you also have to give the user what their voicemail number is…

If you have questions, you can always call me. Jolly Mark definitely knows my number (unfortunately).

Merry Christmas!

(Unofficially) Jolly Marek

mark_marasch

Hey, Brother Jolly Marek, glad to see you on here!

I’m not actually the Jolly Mark who sends out the emails for the beta announcements. Yeah, I finally realized why you asked that question and never got back to you on it…

OK, it’s good to know that Cricket won’t always allow the codes to work. We’ll have to address those with another version. Yes, it would be a good idea to allow retries and list the default and Jolly Roger voicemail numbers. I’m adding these to the backlog for future versions.

Once you got Cricket to set everything up for you, will your test calls work? Do you know if the app is working otherwise?

Thanks!
    Mark W. Marasch
    Ethical Developer Group

marek_marasch
    Participant

Yup, the test call worked. We’ll see what happens when someone calls!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.