Not sure if it's a bug

Home (Generic) Forums Captain’s Log App – Beta Forum Not sure if it's a bug

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    tcharron

Once I listen to an unread message, I go back to the list and that message did not disappear, I have it sent to unread only.

Love jollyrogertelephone.com(except once when my doctor called from a private number) and this app so far. My co-workers like listening to the messages if it’s not just a recorded message.

I am using Android 11 or R Developer preview right now because I had an app made and wanted to see if it was going to work on Android 11 or R. Mine does not, has something to do with the camera not opening.
    Tom

mark_marasch

tcharron,

Glad to hear the app is working in Android 11, already!

We’ll take a look at that. A few quick questions for you:
    1. Did the box on the home page turn to a darker shade of gray?
    2. Did you listen to the entire message? It won’t mark them as “read” without playing the whole thing.
    3. Was it one of the short 1-2 second messages? I was just trying out some things on my own phone and realized those don’t seem to get marked as “read” because those ultra short ones don’t really play.

Thanks!

Mark W. Marasch
    Ethical Developer Group

tcharron

I don’t notice a lot of changes in Android 11 or R. Except my app not working, lol.

1. color on the home did not change.

2. I did listen to them all the way through and or pressed mark as read.

3. It was not just short messages it was all messages.

Tom

mark_marasch

TCharron,

Sorry your app isn’t working in Android 11! You might be aware of the architectural changes to Android 10 that keep Defender from working. We actually have to make the app work in a completely different way, and I’m sure we’ll get back to that before long.

Meanwhile, can you identify some calls that aren’t getting marked as “read?” The best way, in this forum, would be just to give us the time and date of those calls, so that we can take a look at any interactions with them. If you provide a date/time when you listen to them and/or mark them as “read” that will also be helpful narrow things down when we look at the logs.

Thanks!

Mark W. Marasch
    Ethical Developer Group

mark_marasch

TCharron,

Can you help us troubleshoot this, if it’s still a problem?

If you can send us dates and times of calls that aren’t changing to the “read” status, and let us know the date and time you tried, then we can troubleshoot. We’d even be up for live troubleshooting, if you’d prefer.

Thanks!
    Mark

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.