RFE: Whitelist/Contacts sync

Home (Generic) Forums Captain’s Log App – Beta Forum RFE: Whitelist/Contacts sync

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dan_speers
    Participant

A really nice feature would be something that sync’s the Whitelist with the contacts on my phone. This way any contacts I have can be automatically whitelisted and any new inbound callers that I whitelist can optionally get added to my contact list. This will help with calls and voicemails too so that the names of contacts show up nicely in the app and emails.

mark_marasch

Sure thing, Dan_Speers,

The Defender app actually checks against your phone’s contacts, assuming that if somebody is a contact, you probably want to receive the call. So, it actually acts as though those numbers were whitelisted. However, it would be good for this information to be used on other phones in your account, including any landlines that you might have.

We’ve discussed that as an addition to Defender, but that’s limited to Android 9 and earlier.

Having that in the Captain’s Log app would be a good idea and I’ll add it to the “Future Enhancements” list of possibilities.

Thanks for the feedback!

Mark W. Marasch
    Ethical Developer Group

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by mark_marasch. Reason: fixing to ensure I get updates on replies
    AdamWillis
    Participant

This would be ideal! I forgot to add grandma to my whitelist and she was very upset and confused after talking to my random male bot.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.