"Unknown error occured. Please try again" when trying to login to App

Home (Generic) Forums Phone Defender for Android – Beta Test 2019 "Unknown error occured. Please try again" when trying to login to App

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    michael_kurzdorfer
    Participant

Unable to login to app using currently username/password. No issues using username/password on the website. Note: current password is 20 characters.

mark_marasch

Thanks for contacting us, Michael. What version of Android are you running and what make/model of phone are you using?

michael_kurzdorfer
    Participant

Samsung S10+, Android 10

mark_marasch

Michael, we are having problems with Android 10. It seems that Google changed the architecture just enough that the app won’t work, but you should still be able to log in. Is there a time where you are available in the next couple days where we could try some live troubleshooting?

michael_kurzdorfer
    Participant

I would be happy to help troubleshoot this. I should have some availability in the evening over the next couple nights.

mark_marasch

Let me see who is available for troubleshooting tonight.

mark_marasch

michael_kurzdor, please try again. Roger hunted down some failed logins, found an issue, and we believe that it’s fixed.

Please report back on whether the login worked.

Because you are on Android 10, I think you’ll run into a hangup on the ability to select the app as the default phone app, but please report back on whether this is an issue for you.

Thanks!
    Mark

michael_kurzdorfer
    Participant

Hi Mark,

I was successfully able to login.

As you predicted, I was unable to select Jolly Roger as the default phone app. It was not registered as an option.

Mike

mark_marasch

Sorry, Mike, we’ll have to pursue a new architecture soon, as more and more people are using Android 10. Thanks for your assistance, as at least we know that the login has been fixed.

michael_kurzdorfer
    Participant

No worries. Happy to assist.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.